The Polk County 4-H Program is looking for a Summer intern for 2021. This position is designed to provide assistance to the 4-H Youth Development Educator and other Extension staff during the busy summer months. Summer Interns gain experience for future educational employment while learning more about Extension; a Division of UW-Madison.
- Plan, coordinate, promote, teach and evaluate educational programs under the direction of 4-H Youth Development Educator.
- Work cooperatively with youth, 4-H leaders, volunteers and general public through Extension programs.
- Assist with coordinating and teaching at Extension programs such as 4-H Summer Camps, Day Camps, teen events, and county fair, along with some clerical work.
- Assist with field research and demonstrations being conducted by the County Extension staff.
- Prepare newsletter articles, news releases and other program promotional materials.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Educational background and/or work experience with youth.
- Educational background, interest, and/or work experience in animal sciences preferred.
- Basic computer program proficiently.
- For chaperoning purposes, age 21 preferred.
- College student having completed sophomore year. Must be currently enrolled as a college student or graduate in 2021.
- Current driver’s license.
- Personal automobile with adequate insurance.
Salary: $6,500.00 +/ 10-12 Week Contract
Application Procedure, please click on the link below to apply online