The 2020 Youth Quality Meats Program/YQCA “Youth for the Quality Care of Animals”
Please stay tuned as all of the information will be shared here as it becomes available.
Polk County Quality Meats Kickoff meeting will be Tuesday March 17 at Unity School in their auditorium. There will be an educational opportunity from 6 – 7 pm and the kickoff meeting from 7 – 8:30 pm. The kickoff meeting is a requirement for all Quality Meats Participants. Each participant is also required to complete one educational event in addition to completing the YQCA.org training. If participants are not able to attend the kickoff meeting please have them contact their species chair for important updates and information.
Section 1 ~ Paperwork
Section 2 ~ Swine
Section 3 ~ Sheep and Goats
- 12th Annual US Targhee Sheep Association Starter Flock
- 2020 Starter Ewe Program
- Sheep Health Via Webinar
- Lambing Open House
Section 4 ~ Beef
Section 5 ~ 2020 Dates
Section 6 ~ Educational Activities
Section 7 ~ Fair Updates
Section 8 ~ Other Resources
For any other information on Quality Meats please see the Clover Connection Newsletter. The newsletter will list upcoming dates and times of meeting and form deadlines.
Youth wishing to participate in the 2019 Polk County Quality Meats Program must meet all the program requirements:
- Quality Meats Requirements
- Complete YQCA “Youth for the Quality Care of Animals” online classroom training. Club organizational leaders and co-leaders have more information on YQCA.
- Attend a Polk County Quality Meats Kick-Off Meeting
- Attend an educational event or sessions
2019 YQCA – Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (Formerly MAQA)
- ALL Quality Meats Exhibitors must bring their printed certificate to paperwork check-in Wednesday at the Fair in the livestock show barn office. check-in concludes at 6pm.
- Required on-line course go to yqca.org and follow directions to register and take course – cost is $12.
- Classroom training is available at a cost of $3 at various locations in other counties. Register for these classroom courses at yqca.org
- Questions can be directed to your species chair or vice chair.
- Instructions on Getting Your YQCA WebBased Certification
The Polk County Quality Meats kick-off meeting will be announced in the Clover Connection, your email as well as on this website so stay tuned.
UW Extension Youth Livestock (Bernie O’Rourke’s page)
Wisconsin Sheap Shearers (Updated May 2018)
This page will continuously be updated with information as it becomes available to us.