The link provided will bring you to the Youth for the Quality Care of Animals webpage where you can complete your training.
All Polk County Quality meats participants must complete the YQCA online training in the current year to be eligible for the 2023 Quality Meats Program auction. Exhibitors are also required to participate in one other online or in person educational training for animal programs. This training does not need to be species specific. Please click on the link in the right hand box to be directed to the YQCA webpage
COVID-19 Animal Project Information
Here is a PDF Article of the Guidance for Project Members of Animal Projects Housed at other Locations During COVID-19
Upcoming Quality Meats Events & Meeting Dates are Located Under Each Tab
Interstate Livestock Show Committee Meeting: February 13th starting at 7pm via Zoom
Sheep and Goat Kick-Off Meeting: February 19th from 2pm-4pm located at the Justice Center
Attention Market Steer Exhibitors
If you have any questions about the Beef Project, please reach out to Beef committee via text or call:
Craig Scholz 612-751-3236
Jake Loen 715-557-0138
For any other information on Quality Meats please see the Clover Connection Newsletter. The newsletter will list upcoming dates and times of meeting and form deadlines.
Youth wishing to participate in the 2023 Polk County Quality Meats Program must meet all the program requirements:
- Quality Meats Requirements
- Complete YQCA “Youth for the Quality Care of Animals” online classroom training. Club organizational leaders and co-leaders have more information on YQCA.
- Attend at least 2 educational event or sessions (kick-off meetings, clinics, Instate Livestock Show, ext)
2023 YQCA – Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (Formerly MAQA)
- ALL Quality Meats Exhibitors must bring their printed certificate to paperwork check-in Wednesday at the Fair in the livestock show barn office. check-in concludes at 6pm.
- Required on-line course go to yqca.org and follow directions to register and take course – cost is $12.
- Classroom training is available at a cost of $3 at various locations in other counties. Register for these classroom courses at yqca.org
- Questions can be directed to your species chair or vice chair.
- Instructions on Getting Your YQCA WebBased Certification
The Polk County Quality Meats kick-off meeting will be announced in the Clover Connection, your email as well as on this website so stay tuned.
Livestock Members: From Bernie O’ Rourke
Virtual farm tours are now complete, but you may find the videos at the links below:
- The playlist of all of the videos on YouTube.
These are for kids that are engaged in animals, plants (agronomy) and science STEM.
- Small Ruminant Webinars – Sheep and Goats
- Youth Livestock Activities – Links to webinars and other online learning for youth interested in animals.
All of these items would be great for educational points or credit for fairs; of course these are all great opportunities for youth to gain educational experiences.
For more information go to the Wisconsin Youth Livestock Program Website for many more resources. https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/youthlivestock/
Please stay tuned as all of the information will be shared here as it becomes available.
UW Extension Youth Livestock (Bernie O’Rourke’s page)
Wisconsin Sheap Shearers (Updated May 2018)
This page will continuously be updated with information as it becomes available to us.