All Polk County Quality meats participants must complete the YQCA online training in the current year to be eligible for the 2023 Quality Meats Program auction. Exhibitors are also required to participate in one other online or in person educational training for animal programs. This training does not need to be species specific. Please click on the link in the right hand box to be directed to the YQCA webpage
Upcoming YQCA Trainings
- No Trainings at this Time. Please Check Back for Future Dates
The link provided will bring you to the YQCA webpage where you can complete your training.
More information on the Interstate Livestock show will be posted in the near future.
The Swine Project
Please Contact Tyler Kuhl, 715-410-6024, or Gus Swenson, 715-554-4620, With Any Questions
The Sheep & Goats Project
Sheep Project Members: Please Contact Amy Lee, 715-557-0758, or Amy Strobach, 715-491-0342 With Any Questions
Goat Project Members: Please Contact Jeanne Alling, 715-553-2488, or Julia Erickson, 715-944-5491, With Any Questions
The Beef Project
Beef Calf Halter Breaking Clinic!
October 7th at 10am located at Brady Emerson’s Farm (1197 95th Ave, Amery, WI 54001). Come learn and share calf breaking halter training techniques. Please RSVP by October 1st to Jake Loen at 715-557-0138 or to Brady Emerson at 715-220-9589
For any other information on Quality Meats please see the Clover Connection Newsletter. The newsletter lists upcoming events and deadlines.
Youth wishing to participate in the 2023 Polk County Quality Meats Program must meet all the program requirements:
- Quality Meats Requirements
- Complete YQCA “Youth for the Quality Care of Animals” online classroom training. Club organizational leaders and co-leaders have more information on YQCA.
- Attend at least 2 educational event or sessions (kick-off meetings, clinics, Instate Livestock Show, ext)
- 2023 YQCA – Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (Formerly MAQA)
- ALL Quality Meats Exhibitors must bring their printed certificate to paperwork check-in Wednesday at the Fair in the livestock show barn office. check-in concludes at 6pm.
- Required on-line course go to yqca.org and follow directions to register and take course – cost is $12.
- Classroom training is available at a cost of $3 at various locations in other counties. Register for these classroom courses at yqca.org
- Questions can be directed to your species chair or vice chair.
- Instructions on Getting Your YQCA WebBased Certification