Child Care & Child Support

Wisconsin has a program that will help low-income families with the cost of child care.  The Wisconsin Connections web site helps families find out if they are eligible and where to go to get the help they need for these services.

If your children live with you most of the time and the other parent lives elsewhere, that other parent may be required to pay child support.

     Your local Child Support Agency (CSA) can help to see if you qualify for child support as well as help to establish paternity, find an absent parent, get or help change a child support order and even help get health insurance for your child(ren) from the non-custodial parent.

      Child support is awarded on a percentage of how many children you have with the non-custodial parent and if they have any others they are paying for.  The percentage is based on the non-custodial parents pre-tax income.

     To find out more go to the Wisconsin Connections web site. This site will also give you the connection to your local agency for child support and child care help.

Support Extension